07 February 2007

Vitameatavega... fly? (Lucy, we love you)

So a few months ago I was told that there is a vitamin product out there made just for airplane travelers - or at least it's marketed this way - called Airborne. (Go to http://www.airbornehealth.com/ for their official website.) Now while I scoffed and thought, "only in the U.S.," upon learning of the herbal supplement and vitamin package developed by a former second-grade teacher, I've since begun to wish that these little "Zesty Orange", "Lemon-Lime" and "Pink Grapefruit" tablets were available in Denmark.

Three times a week, I shake hands, converse, and do my best to avoid the free-airline-booze breath of hundreds of haggard passengers passing through the Copenhagen airport. And it's caught up with me - and most of my colleagues. Where's my bottle of vitamin C now? Oh yeah, empty. I was too cheap to buy a new one. Frugal Fanny? Yes, but at Danish prices it'd probably cheaper to have someone in the U.S. buy a bottle of Airborne and a first-class ticket to Copenhagen to hand deliver it to me.

So do I bust into the coveted DayQuil/NyQuil supply? Or just fire up the electric kettle and hope for the best? Oh who am I kidding?! Give me those good ol' American wonder-drugs!

4 comments:

kimananda said...

Yea! Welcome to the club. I'm glad you've sent out the 'full-on' version as well. What's the point of the watered-down life? :-)

Unknown said...

Great, I'm now a fan of your uncensored blog too! And about vitamin shots, did you already try popcorn with butter??? :-) Hugs, Annemarie

Kari said...

Anne, I've been living on it.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Good to see you have come over to the blog side : )

Now, which one to put a link to . . . I'm noticing a lot of views coming from the states on lil ol stiggly . . .

Hope the snuffleupagus leaves you alone soon : (