18 February 2007

In the Name of Tradition

Well, a new semester has begun (even if it's hardly noticeable because I'm not going to class as I'm supposedly writing my thesis) and with it a new round of parties and a fresh batch international students have arrived. To kick off 2007, Danny arranged a lovely start-of-the-semester bash in his kitchen, as he did last semester. I have to say it started off a little shaky; as the only girl there (and one of the only old-timers) for the first 45 minutes or so, I felt a little out of place. Apparently our little gig was unsuccessfully competing with the Eagles of Death Metal. But then, like clockwork, everyone showed up at once and it was like Fergie had just yelled, "Let's get this party started... in here!" Good times, good times. Annemarie kept up the tradition of a single person polishing off a "WHOLE BOTTLE OF RED WINE!" by herself, which was started last year by a lovely lady who shall remain nameless ;-) But as you can see, she was wise enough to bring an appropriately-sized-for-the-occasion "WHOLE BOTTLE OF RED WINE!"

4 comments:

kimananda said...

Hmmm...so that's why Annemarie wanted to make sure that I had had my fair share of the bottle of wine at Kirstine's. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Bah! That be a teeny-weeny bottle!

Signed,

the lady who shall remain anonymous . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh bugger! I was signed in! Not so anon.

Kari said...

Least I didn't blow your cover ;-)