07 February 2007

In other news: woman's right eye makes repeated attempts to escape her head

The dreaded eye twitch. And for weeks now. One of these days the damn thing is just going to pop right out of my head - but at least I'll be awake to catch it. There's no doubt in my mind that my burning lungs and stuffy nose are not benefiting from the sleepless nights I've spent poking myself in the eye this past week. I've just done a quick Google search so I know all about the less caffeine and more water advice. I think (and hope) that's probably it; it does seem a plausible explanation to my accompanying headaches and newly-arrived cold. So I intend to give it a whole-hearted effort. But I did come across one or two wacky home-remedies.

Take eating bananas, for instance: not a wacky remedy in-and-of itself, but it certainly becomes a bit odd when you catch yourself sending your neighbors text messages at 20.30 - when you've suffered through a whole day of spasms and you're less concerned about your neighbor's sleeping patterns than you are about finding out ways to keep yourself from gouging out your eyeball - that begin like "Are you at home, and do you have a banana I could use?" (This is exactly why I created a second blog more suitable for the refined tastes of the grandfolks.)

Anybody else got any weird ones?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you thought about what to do if you catch your eye??? I've been scratching my legs for a week. Reason, I used the body and face cream that had already caused an allergic reaction when I used it for my face, just before Christmas. And I was wondering if the same would happen if I used it for my legs... The answer is: YES! :-) Let's see how it works if you change your diet! Annemarie