26 May 2007

It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood... won't you be my neighbour?

Last night T and I moved back into the kollegium as the flat's been sold and we're basically homeless until we reach Benin. While this is just a temporary residence, I already miss sleeping on a properly-sized bed (two people on a 90 x 200 isn't so fun... how did we do that for two months???) and having my own kitchen. There will be no more eating breakfast in my pyjamas, experimental cooking I would never try in front of someone else, or making a dozen brownies that last more than 5 minutes. I understand Gondul's longing for her old life in Frederiksberg in a whole new light now.

But at the same time, it's kind of nice to be back amongst all my friends during my last few days in Denmark. And the school is only a 5 minute walk away, meaning that I might actually get some work done. Besides, it just feels right to be back here again, ending this whole experience where it began. There's something about moving back into Grønjords that has made it really hit home that I'm going to be leaving this all behind, saying goodbye to all the people that have made the last two years special - well, all except for one, of course. And I miss everyone already. But I guess I shouldn't be too melancholy; it sounds like I've talked many of them into coming to visit :-) See you tonight at Tivoli!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will miss you. Maybe even more than I miss my flat . . . : )