22 June 2007

Sweet Dreams

Just had the wind knocked out of me by a lizard. Had heard stories about how they run around inside others' houses and how they used to be in our flat before the last time it was routinely sprayed for insects. Apparently there were quite a lot of them always running across the walls. Looks like they've returned.

I was on my way to bed (mind you, I'm alone in this place now) and as I was closing the bedroom door, a lizard about the size of a large salamander made a mad dash across the wall from near the door hinges. I nearly screamed. Thought it was a spider. Talk about a sigh of relief when I realized it wasn't. Just a cute little pale yellow lizard instead, probably just a baby. Not sure where he is now, or I would have taken a picture of him. But he's got to be somewhere in the bedroom with me as I've shut the door. I like him. He'll keep me company when I'm alone. I hope he brings friends. We'll have our own little party. Besides, lizards eat mosquitoes... and I like to think spiders as well :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Un lézard ca va, je peux comprendre que tu sois contente d ele voir, ils sont plutôt mignons les lézards. Mais si tu retrouves 20 lézard dans l'appartement tu risques d eles trouvés moins mignons tout d'un coup!
J'éspère que c'est pas trop dur de te retrouver toute seule la nuit...moi je déteste ca!

Bon week end à toi! As tu des choses de prévus?

Anonymous said...

Ok It is maybe not very nice for the others if I write in french, but I hope you will forget me, I couldn't resist hehe